In a paper given to the temple in 1886, Dong Khanh Emperor likened the natural scenery of Hon Chen Temple to the image of a lion lying with its head in the river to drink water.
About 10 lovely structures of the temple are located in the middle of the southeast slope of the mountain, hidden under the shade of an ancient forest group of rich foliage. The stair runs from the high temple down to the blue water wharf. The river surface is as flat as a mirror, used for panoramic views of nature and inclined architecture. Although the boat docked, standing and looking up, it is easy to think that you are lost in a fairyland.
The architectural plan of the entire temple is not large, including the main temple, Minh Kinh Dai, located in the middle, facing the river; on the right is Quan Cu House, Trinh Cat Vien, Thanh Pagoda; on the left is the Five Holy Ladies Palace; The Quan altarpiece, the cave worshiping Mr. Ha Ban (ie Mr.Ho - the tiger), Am Ngoai Canh. At the end of the river on the left is Am Thuy Phu. On that architectural ground, there are some other small altars scattered here, such as Miss Ngoc Lan Altar, Trung Thien Altar...
Minh Kinh Dai was built in 1886 under Dong Khanh emperor with a surface of 15mx17m, it is divided into 3 bows (in order from high to low and from back to front based on the function of worship).
Minh Kinh Cao Dai De Nhat Cung, also known as Thuong Cung or Thuong Dien, is divided into two floors. The upper floor is dedicated to the Holy Mother Thien Y A Na, the Holy Mother Van Huong, the image of Dong Khanh Emperor, and some other high gods in religion; The lower floor is used as a reception place and a residence of the keeper...
Minh Kinh Trung Dai De Nhi Cung, also known as Cung Hoi Dong, in the middle of the building, is a high and large altar, this palace worships dozens of different sacred statues, including Buddha statues, and serves as a place to set up worship items used to process colors on great occasions: Vong Cung Nghinh Mau, Phung Lien, Long Dinh.
Minh Kinh Tieu Dai De Tam Cung, also known as Tien Dien - where a large temple is built, the two sides place the bell drum, which is the place to hold the ceremony. The place of worship of pilgrims is also extended by a porch and courtyard in front of the building.
On the roof of Minh Kinh Dai as well as other architectural works around, the image of the phoenix is used a lot to decorate, because the phoenix symbolizes women, here are the goddesses. It is also used to decorate a lot of items.
Most of the precious objects of worship in Minh Kinh Dai are clearly made under the reign of Dong Khanh emperor. In general, the decoration is very messy, but there are many strange things for viewers.